- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- For truffles, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Stir in peanut butter. Cover and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes or until firm enough to form into balls. Shape into twelve 1-in. balls; roll in cocoa. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk and coffee and mix well.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Top each with a truffle (do not press down).
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in cake portion comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate with cream, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in peanut butter until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl; chill until mixture reaches spreading consistency. Frost cupcakes. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Truffle Cupcakes
Sort By :
"I made these cupcakes for a family gathering and they were a hit. While I loved the entire cupcake, I prefer to make just the cake part without the truffle. It is now my go-to recipe for chocolate cake and is excellent with just whipped cream or a chocolate frosting. The coffee helps deepen the chocolate flavor so much. I usually double the recipe to make two 9" cake layers or to fill a 9x13" cake pan."
"Without the icing, this cupcake didn't make it. Can pop kiss candy in any recipe.Honest opinion. Can add chocolate kiss in any recipe. Without the icing, it was a no go with my many grandkids.Well, it seemed a lot of trouble getting the various ingredients togther -- don't alwayshave white chocolate around. Buttermilk no prob -- added vinegar to canned milk. Love to add coffee to recipes. Without the icing this cupcake didn't make it with my family.coffee to some recipes. without theicing, Iwe were not impressed."
"what can you use in place of buttermilk?"
"The most amazing cupcake I have ever had!"
"These are fantastic! I use coffee also to bring out the flavor."