Peanut Butter Truffle Cupcakes Recipe
From Bloomington, Indiana, Marlene Schollenberger writes, "Cupcakes are so popular now, and these have a wonderful hidden treasure inside. They're rich and delicious!"
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1. For truffles, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Stir in peanut butter. Cover and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes or until firm enough to form into balls. Shape into twelve 1-in. balls; roll in cocoa. Set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk and coffee and mix well.
- 3. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Top each with a truffle (do not press down).
- 4. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in cake portion comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 5. In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate with cream, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in peanut butter until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl; chill until mixture reaches spreading consistency. Frost cupcakes. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 277 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 249 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Truffle Cupcakes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC