- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add
- eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to
- creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk and coffee and mix well.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Top each with a truffle
- (do not press down).
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in
- cake portion comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing
- from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate with cream,
- stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in peanut butter
- until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl; chill until mixture reaches
- spreading consistency. Frost cupcakes. Store in the refrigerator.
- Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 277 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 249 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.