Peanut Butter Teddies Recipe
These adorable teddies are almost too cute to eat but that won't stop the crew of youngsters who helped make them from gobbling them up.—Cynthia Kolberg, Syracuse, Indiana
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 72 miniature semisweet chocolate chips (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the milk, peanut butter, vanilla and egg until smooth. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to peanut butter mixture and mix well.
- 2. For each pear, shape the dough into one 1-in. ball, one 3/4-in. ball, six 1/2-in. balls and one 1/4-in. ball. On an ungreased baking sheet, slightly flatten the 1-in. ball to form the body. Place the 3/4-in. ball above body for head. For limbs, place four 1/2-in. balls next to the body.
- 3. For nose, place the 1/4-in. ball in the center of the heat. Add two chocolate chips for eyes and one chip for belly button. Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 159 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 228mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Teddies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC