A honey-blond version of the beloved cinnamon bun, these tender peanut-butter rolls are a delightful breakfast or brunch offering.—Jeanne Holt, Mendota Heights, Minnesota
Recommended: 45 Recipes for Peanut Butter Lovers
- 2-3/4 to 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream, divided
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2/3 cup chopped honey-roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine 1-1/4 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. In small saucepan, heat milk and butter to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Add egg; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 12x10-in. rectangle. For filling, in a small bowl, combine the sugar, butter, 1/4 cup cream, peanut butter, brown sugar and honey. Stir in peanuts and peanut butter chips. Spread half of filling to within 1/2 in. of edges; reserve remaining filling for topping.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices. Place cut side down in a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 325° for 24-28 minutes or until golden brown. In a small bowl, beat confectioners' sugar, remaining filling and cream; spread over warm rolls. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Swirls in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p59
Reviews for Peanut Butter Swirls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review