Peanut Butter Swirled Fudge Recipe
Make homemade gifts in no time with a batch of this nutty fudge. It’s a hit with everyone, from the mail carrier to our neighbors.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Cook: 35 min. + chilling YIELD:117 servings
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 cup butter, divided
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) peanut butter chips, divided
- 1. Line a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with foil and grease the foil with 1 teaspoon butter; set aside.
- 2. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, cream, cocoa, corn syrup, salt and remaining butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Cook over medium-low heat, without stirring until a candy thermometer reads 234° (soft-ball stage). Remove from the heat; stir in the marshmallow creme, peanut butter and 1 package chips.
- 3. With a hand mixer, beat until mixture begins to lose its gloss, about 6-8 minutes. Fold in remaining chips. Pour into prepared pan. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- 4. Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Discard foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4-3/4 pounds.
1 piece equals 93 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 41 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC