Peanut butter and chocolate are always a delicious duo, but they're extra-special paired in this tempting treat. Even with a sizable collection of brownie recipes, I reach for this one quite often. The marbled look attracts curious tasters...the flavor brings them back for seconds. - Linda Craig, Hay River, Northwest Territories
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add eggs and milk; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide batter in half. To one portion, add peanut butter and peanut butter chips; mix well. To the other portion, add the cocoa and chocolate chips; mix well.
- In a greased 9-in. square baking pan, spoon chocolate batter in eight mounds in a checkerboard pattern. Spoon seven mounds of peanut butter batter between the chocolate batter. Cut through batters with a knife to swirl.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies in Taste of Home October/November 1998, p27
Reviews for Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review