Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies Recipe
Peanut butter and chocolate are always a delicious duo, but they're extra-special paired in this tempting treat. Even with a sizable collection of brownie recipes, I reach for this one quite often. The marbled look attracts curious tasters...the flavor brings them back for seconds. - Linda Craig, Hay River, Northwest Territories
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling YIELD:36 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add eggs and milk; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Divide batter in half. To one portion, add peanut butter and peanut butter chips; mix well. To the other portion, add the cocoa and chocolate chips; mix well.
- 3. In a greased 9-in. square baking pan, spoon chocolate batter in eight mounds in a checkerboard pattern. Spoon seven mounds of peanut butter batter between the chocolate batter. Cut through batters with a knife to swirl.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 94 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 65 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC