Peanut Butter Surprise Muffins Recipe
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are the hidden surprise in these fun little muffins from Joan Dobry of Hardy, Arkansas. "They are wonderful warm from the oven, when the chocolaty surprise is smooth and creamy," she says. "And just about everyone loves the combination of chocolate and peanut butter."
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 6 miniature peanut butter cups
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the egg and milk. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Combine peanut butter and butter; fold into batter.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups one-fourth full; place a peanut butter cup in each. Cover with remaining batter. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 6 muffins.
1 serving (1 each) equals 226 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 258 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Surprise Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC