Peanut Butter Sundaes
This is a peanutty change of pace from traditional ice cream sundaes with chocolate sauce. It's a delicious recipe that proves even a quick meal doesn't have to go without dessert. ---Susan Mowery, Newville, Pennsylvania
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- Vanilla ice cream
- Salted peanuts, optional
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and water. Bring to boil; boil 1 minute
- or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in peanut
- butter. Place in a blender; blend on high until smooth. Cool
- slightly; pour over ice cream. Sprinkle with peanuts if desired.
- Refrigerate any leftovers. Yield: 1-1/2 cups sauce.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 191 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 100 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.