Peanut Butter Stuffed Celery Recipe
"I found this idea in a magazine several years ago," notes Irene Wilson. "I have shared it with many people and everyone enjoys it." The Grand Junction, Colorado cook says the crisp celery sticks stuffed with peanut butter filling and dressy enough for holidays.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + chilling YIELD:6-8 servings
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 5 to 6 celery ribs, cut into thirds
- Chopped salted peanut, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter and cream until smooth; stir in the onion. Stuff or pipe into celery; sprinkle with peanuts if desired. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 94 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 92 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC