- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup butter, divided
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir peanut butter and 3/4 cup butter and until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in sugar and 2 teaspoons vanilla (mixture will be very thick).
- Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan. In a saucepan over low heat, combine chips and remaining butter; cook and stir until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in the remaining vanilla. Spread over peanut butter layer. Chill until firm. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Squares in Quick Cooking March/April 1998, p42
Reviews for Peanut Butter Squares
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 6, 2010
"I made these once for a picnic and they were gone in minutes!!! Now I'm asked to make them everytime we get together with family and friends!!"