These rich bite-size squares taste creamier than store-bought peanut butter cups. Since they're made on the stove, there's no need to turn o the oven, notes Val Worthing of Clio, Michigan.
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup butter, divided
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir peanut butter and 3/4 cup butter and until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in sugar and 2 teaspoons vanilla (mixture will be very thick).
- Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan. In a saucepan over low heat, combine chips and remaining butter; cook and stir until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in the remaining vanilla. Spread over peanut butter layer. Chill until firm. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Squares in Quick Cooking March/April 1998, p42
Reviews for Peanut Butter Squares
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 6, 2010
"I made these once for a picnic and they were gone in minutes!!! Now I'm asked to make them everytime we get together with family and friends!!"