Peanut Butter Spritz Fingers Recipe
Everyone in my family craves these fancy-looking, dipped cookies because they satisfy the need for something chocolaty, crunchy, sweet and nutty, all in just one bite!—Irma Lowery, Reedsburg, Wisconsin
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 milk chocolate candy bars (4 ounces each), chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped unsalted peanuts
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- 2. Using a cookie press fitted with a star disk, press dough 2 in. apart into long strips on ungreased baking sheets. Cut each strip into 2-in. pieces (do not separate pieces).
- 3. Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 4. In a microwave, melt candy bars; stir until smooth. Dip one end of each cookie into chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Coat with peanuts. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: about 4 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 85 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 65 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC