Peanut Butter Snack Cakes Recipe
My Aunt introduced this cake to my family, and it became a favorite. It was simple enough to make for dorm study breaks in college and was the most requested snack.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1-1/3 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the sugar, milk, eggs, 1 tablespoon oil and vanilla until well blended. Combine flour and salt; gradually beat into sugar mixture.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 15 in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Place on a wire rack. Drop peanut butter by tablespoonfuls onto cake; gently spread evenly. Cool completely. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 3. Melt chocolate chips with remaining oil; stir until smooth. Spread over peanut butter layer. Refrigerate until set. Let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes before cutting into bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 piece equals 160 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 60 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC