Peanut Butter Snack Bars Recipe
- 3-1/4 cups Kashi Heart to Heart honey toasted oat cereal
- 2-3/4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup unblanched almonds
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup uncooked oat bran cereal
- 1/4 cup wheat bran
- 1/4 cup whole flaxseed
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1-1/2 cups honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. In a small saucepan, combine peanut butter and honey. Cook over medium heat until peanut butter is melted, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla. Pour over cereal mixture; mix well.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; gently press into pan. Cool completely. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 bar: 215 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 87mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 high-fat meat.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Snack Bars
"A little difficult to find all ingredients and a little pricey to make, but absolutely delicious and well worth it. Great after morning work outs. My kids love them too."
"my family loves these, even my 18 month old. I tried them with Peanuts instead of almonds and my husband liked them better. I have also tried adding cinnamon,that was good too!"
"I used a marble rolling pin to push them into the pan and to condense them so they were not crumbly. We are addicted."
"These are very tasty-I liked the crunch but the next time I make I am going to use less peanut butter and honey. I felt the ratio of PB was way too much."
"My husband said we should always have these in the house. I wrapped them individually and froze them. We grab a few if we're headed out just in case it's pushing meal time. It will be cheaper to make them the next time since I will have most of the ingredients on hand."
"We Love them! I'm just now getting ready to make them for a second time. They're very easy to put together. I have a 9 x 13 pan and I cut 16 bars. My husband's only request was to add some chocolate chips, so I found the Nestle mini chips I will be putting in this time."