Athletes need snacks that are as on-the-go as they are. These portable bars combine protein and whole grains to fuel workouts. —Nettie Hogan, Wadsworth, Ohio
- 3-1/4 cups Kashi Heart to Heart honey toasted oat cereal
- 2-3/4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup unblanched almonds
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup uncooked oat bran cereal
- 1/4 cup wheat bran
- 1/4 cup whole flaxseed
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1-1/2 cups honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. In a small saucepan, combine peanut butter and honey. Cook over medium heat until peanut butter is melted, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla. Pour over cereal mixture; mix well.
- Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; gently press into pan. Cool completely. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Snack Bars in Taste of Home December/January 2012, p72
Reviews for Peanut Butter Snack Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review