Peanut Butter Sheet Cake Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/3 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In a small saucepan, combine water and butter; bring just to a boil. Stir in peanut butter and oil until blended. Stir into flour mixture. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, buttermilk and vanilla until blended; add to flour mixture, whisking constantly.
- 3. Transfer to prepared pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 4. Meanwhile, for glaze, combine sugar, milk and butter in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in peanut butter, marshmallows and vanilla until blended. Spoon over warm cake, spreading evenly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 24 servings.
1 piece: 266 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 222mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Sheet Cake
"Made this cake a couple of nights ago when I had company for supper. It was a hit and well liked. cake is very moist. I sprinkled mini chocolate chips on top of the glaze. Another time, I will add some chocolate chips to the cake batter. My only complaint is that a 15 X 10 pan is barely big enough. Next time I will use a slightly larger pan."
"I had the request to make this after a local bakery stopped making it for my friend. The results were fantastic!I made it several times and for me it worked to double the glaze recipe and increase the marshmallows to double- this makes the glaze thicker. To make a larger size, 1 & 1/2 the recipe to make it big enough for a "Full Sheet" pan from GFS.The cake is super moist- just be sure to mix it in the right order- this order is so important to create the lightness in the cake and don't cover it until it is fully cooled to avoid sweating.Even 3 days later the cake was still moist and well received by my guests, those who sampled the test batches and turned out better than the bakery according to my friend. I even added it to my baking line!"
"I made this for my husband's poker night with the guys and it was a hit. They kept comparing it to a Reese's peanut butter cup. I did add 3/4 cup of milk chocolate chips along with the peanut butter and marshmallow cream to the icing.field editor"
"I used smooth peanut butter as suggested by other reviews and it was ABSOLUTELY delish. I used a different glaze as I did not have marshmallows and added 2 T. peanut butter to the frosting/glaze. My daughter's 16 year old boyfriend requested the recipe for his mom so she could make it for him. This is a keeper."
"We're not big fans of peanut butter desserts. I made this in a regular 9x13 pan with smoothe peanut butter- it was moist and very tasty."
"My family absolutely loves this cake. I make it at least monthly for our farm crew. I do prefer to make the icing with smooth peanut butter though."
"I made this for my college-aged daughter's birthday tonight. It was a hit with all her friends and our family. The cake was moist. I used convection bake so my cooking time was reduced by almost five minutes. Also, my daughter wanted icing so I made the glaze and poured it over a 1-pound box of powdered sugar, thinning the mixture with milk and mixing with a hand-mixer until it reached the desired consistency. The cake was iced when it was still warm. The family said to add this to the "favorites" list."
"I made this cake for a friend's jewelry party and everyone liked it. I used a 17 x 11 inch pan and it was the perfect size. I know it would have gone over if I used the 15 x 10. I will definitely make this again."
"This has been a regular at every family function since I began making it in 2001. My 18 grandchildren, as well as the adults, say I'm not allowed without it. Absoultely wonderful."