Peanut Butter S'mores Bars Recipe
- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough
- 3-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 1-1/2 cups milk chocolate M&M's
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Let dough stand at room temperature 5-10 minutes to soften. With floured hands, press dough into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned and edges are firm.
- 2. Sprinkle with marshmallows; bake 2-3 minutes longer or until marshmallows are puffy.
- 3. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Sprinkle M&M's over marshmallows; drizzle with chocolate mixture. Refrigerate until set before cutting. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 bar: 200 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Peanut Butter S'mores Bars
"Simple and delicious! Recipe is a keeper! Thank you for sharing!"
"My son-in-law took these to work to share, and his coworkers keep asking him for more! Rich and delicious- I had to use a bag mix of peanut butter cookie dough tho - couldn't find refrigerated."
"I've been making this for years and it is always a hit. The first time I made these I stuck it back in the oven to cook for the additional time to puff the mallows and it made them hard and chewy. Now I turn the oven off and put it back in for additional time. The oven is hot enough to puff the marshmallows. Also I don't drizzle the extra chocolate on them. I think it is chocolately enough."
"I never made it, but I tasted it and it was awesome. Can't wait to make it myself!!!"
"LOVE THIS! The only thing I did differently was to just place the chocolate chips and M&M's on top of the hot marshmallows instead of melting the chocolate chips with butter. Then I took a spatula and spread around the chips as they melted. This is only because I can never melt the chips correctly...it's my own dumb fault, so I adjust according to my ability...or lack thereof...ha,ha...still tastes AMAZING!"
"I was skeptical about how baked marshmallows would taste once they were refrigerated, but they were soft and delicious. Looks great and is easy to make."
"Wonderful--I needed something fast for a bake sale at work. These fit the bill and everyone loved them!"