Peanut Butter Rolls Recipe
Reach for this recipe when you're looking for a change from typical cinnamon rolls. The unique combination of confectioners' sugar, peanut butter and coffee in the frosting is finger-licking good.
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 cups warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 7 to 7-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup hot freshly brewed coffee
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, sugar, shortening, salt, eggs and 3-1/2 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 3. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Roll each into a 14-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Spread 1/3 cup peanut butter to within 1/2 in. of edges.
- 4. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut each into 12 slices. Place, cut side down, in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 5. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly brown. Combine frosting ingredients until smooth; frost warm rolls. Cool in pans on wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 320 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 165 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC