Peanut Butter Pumpkin Bread Recipe
My husband brought this recipe home from the office more than 20 years ago. Each fall, I bake several of these lovely loaves to share with family and friends. Pumpkin and peanut butter are a unique, delicious combination.
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. In another bowl, combine the pumpkin, eggs, oil, water and peanut butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Pour into two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 228 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 223 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Pumpkin Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC