- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. In another bowl, combine the pumpkin, eggs, oil, water and peanut butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Reviews for Peanut Butter Pumpkin Bread
Sort By :
"I've been making this wonderful bread for over 30 years. The original recipe was in our newspaper. The only difference is folding in peanut butter chips instead of peanut butter. The pumpkin & peanut butter combo is a winner! I often make the small loaves for holiday gifts."
"What a delicious and simple recipe! I admit I was dubious about the combination of pumpkin and peanut butter, but it turns out they combine beautifully to create a unique flavor that was gobbled up in two days at my house! I froze the second loaf and had a quick treat to thaw and serve when I had surprise guests later in the month. That loaf was gone in an hour! Thanks for sharing!"
"Delicious! I made these several times last fall. The extra loaf freezes well. Today I made these and used a little Nutella in place of some of the PB.....my kids loved it!"
"I wondered how peanut butter would taste with pumpkin, so I gave this bread a try. It is absolutely delicious. The combination is a winner. The recipe makes 2 loaves, so I gave one to my sister and her family. She took it to work to eat for breakfast. I asked her 2 days later if she had tried the bread and she said it was already gone. I am going to make it again this week. Super easy recipe."