Peanut Butter Pudding Dessert Recipe
Here's a fun, layered dessert that will appeal to all ages. If you want it even nuttier, you can use chunky peanut butter, and if you're not a fan of cashews, substitute your favorite nut. —Barbara Schindler, Napoleon, Ohio
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups chopped cashews, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 2-2/3 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 milk chocolate candy bar (1.55 ounces), coarsely chopped
- 1. Place flour and butter in a food processor; cover and process until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add 1 cup cashews; pulse a few times until combined.
- 2. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 25-28 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Spoon over crust.
- 4. In another bowl, whisk milk and both pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Spread over cream cheese layer. Top with remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle with chopped candy bar and remaining cashews. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 408 calories, 25 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 416 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC