- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups chopped cashews, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 2-2/3 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 milk chocolate candy bar (1.55 ounces), coarsely chopped
- Place flour and butter in a food processor; cover and process until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add 1 cup cashews; pulse a few times until combined.
- Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 25-28 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Spoon over crust.
- In another bowl, whisk milk and both pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Spread over cream cheese layer. Top with remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle with chopped candy bar and remaining cashews. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Pudding Dessert
"This was delicious. My kids loved it and so easy. Took this to a pot luck and brought home an empty dish. This is a keeper"
"This is easy and yummy! I love this recipe. The cashews are great, but I've also substituted chopped peanuts for them with great results too."
"Wonderful, everyone raved about it! So different then most other pudding desserts. Suggest, don't overcook crust. Definitely will make again. Oh, I added two crushed candy bars and it was not too much."
"A wonderful dessert. Got rave reviews from coworkers. Delicious and very easy to make. Definitely a keeper."
"Pretty good, husband and grandkids loved it, I personally think it would be better with a thinner layer of whipped cream on top, will make it again."
"i always make this with crushed walnuts and pistachio pudding for Easter"
"I think I will just delete the nutrional info and give it a try. I am so sure it will be 10 stars. How could it not!"
"I make a very similar one, try freezing the dessert till its made half frozen. Just like a drumstick!"