Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites
"During the holidays, I was making candy with my daughter and we came up with this recipe the family and our friends really liked," relates Lois Farmer of Logan, West Virginia. Bite into her special sweets to discover delicious peanut flavor and a salty pretzel crunch.
102 ServingsPrep: 1-1/2 hours + standing
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 5 cups miniature pretzels
- 1 jar (18 ounces) chunky peanut butter
- 26 ounces milk chocolate candy coating, melted
- In a microwave, melt caramels with butter and water; stir until
- smooth. Spread one side of each pretzel with 1 teaspoon peanut
- butter; top with 1/2 teaspoon caramel mixture. Place on waxed
- paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until set.
- Using a small fork, dip each pretzel into melted chocolate coating
- until completely covered; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed
- paper. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container in a cool
- dry place. Yield: 8-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 92 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 62 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.