"During the holidays, I was making candy with my daughter and we came up with this recipe the family and our friends really liked," relates Lois Farmer of Logan, West Virginia. Bite into her special sweets to discover delicious peanut flavor and a salty pretzel crunch.
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 5 cups miniature pretzels
- 1 jar (18 ounces) chunky peanut butter
- 26 ounces milk chocolate candy coating, melted
- In a microwave, melt caramels with butter and water; stir until smooth. Spread one side of each pretzel with 1 teaspoon peanut butter; top with 1/2 teaspoon caramel mixture. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until set.
- Using a small fork, dip each pretzel into melted chocolate coating until completely covered; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place. Yield: 8-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites in Taste of Home December/January 2007, p13
Reviews for Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review