Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites Recipe
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 5 cups miniature pretzels
- 1 jar (18 ounces) chunky peanut butter
- 26 ounces milk chocolate candy coating, melted
- In a microwave, melt caramels with butter and water; stir until smooth. Spread one side of each pretzel with 1 teaspoon peanut butter; top with 1/2 teaspoon caramel mixture. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until set.
- Using a small fork, dip each pretzel into melted chocolate coating until completely covered; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place. Yield: 8-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites(8)
Sort By :
This recipe is great, delicious and makes alot!
I've been making these for the past few years and they are absolutely wonderful. They are very time consuming, but worth it. I find using a metal baby spoon to put on the peanut butter and carmel works very well. I also use a package of white almond bark and a package of semi sweet chocolate chips as my dipping chocolate.
does anyone know if this would work with milk chocolate chips or chocolate wafers?
These were amazing! The only issue I had was that the chocolate kept hardening before I could dip all the pretzels and I had to keep re-melting it. Next time I will use a slow cooker to keep the chocolate melted.
I make these goodies every year for Christmas and they are always a big hit with our family. I always make an extra batch for my husband and me because these go so quickly! I use creamy peanut butter instead of the chunky because of our family's preference. Still turns out great and tastes very yummy!!! :)
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Candy >
- Christmas Candy >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >
- Halloween Candy >
- Halloween Desserts >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >
- Holiday Candy >
- Kids Desserts >
- Low Carb Desserts >
- Low Carb Recipes >