- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 5 cups miniature pretzels
- 1 jar (18 ounces) chunky peanut butter
- 26 ounces milk chocolate candy coating, melted
- In a microwave, melt caramels with butter and water; stir until smooth. Spread one side of each pretzel with 1 teaspoon peanut butter; top with 1/2 teaspoon caramel mixture. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until set.
- Using a small fork, dip each pretzel into melted chocolate coating until completely covered; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place. Yield: 8-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites
"These are the best! My daughter and I team up to make them which makes it more fun. It's a good thing it makes so many as they go pretty fast around here."
"This recipe is great, delicious and makes alot!"
"I've been making these for the past few years and they are absolutely wonderful. They are very time consuming, but worth it. I find using a metal baby spoon to put on the peanut butter and carmel works very well. I also use a package of white almond bark and a package of semi sweet chocolate chips as my dipping chocolate."
"does anyone know if this would work with milk chocolate chips or chocolate wafers?"
"These were amazing! The only issue I had was that the chocolate kept hardening before I could dip all the pretzels and I had to keep re-melting it. Next time I will use a slow cooker to keep the chocolate melted."
"I make these goodies every year for Christmas and they are always a big hit with our family. I always make an extra batch for my husband and me because these go so quickly! I use creamy peanut butter instead of the chunky because of our family's preference. Still turns out great and tastes very yummy!!! :)"
"These taste fabulous, but what a time consuming process."
"These are fabulous! Instead of purchasing gifts for teachers, we bake for them. These pretzel bites are a hit with everyone who has received them, and I get requests for these each holiday season! The kids all get involved in making these with alot of "taste testing" going on while we're making them! Enjoy!!"
"very yummy, makes alot though. i just melted the peanut butter and slowly poured it over the pretzels (after i lined them all up on the wax paper). i did the same for the caramel too."