- 1-1/2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 45 wafers)
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- PRALINE LAYER:
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 package (10 or 11 ounces) peanut butter chips
- 1 cup whipped topping
- Pecan halves and additional whipped topping
- In a large bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, cocoa and confectioners' sugar; stir in butter. Press into a 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugars and cornstarch. Add butter and water. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in pecans. Pour into crust; refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine pudding mix and milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from the heat. Stir in peanut butter chips until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Fold in whipped topping; spoon over praline layer. Refrigerate until set. Garnish with pecans and additional whipped topping. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Praline Pie
Sort By :
This was a good pie, but it just wasn't as fabulous as I was expecting it to be. The crust might have gotten a little over-done at 10 minutes in my oven. I think I would have enjoyed it more if the peanut butter filling had a more "homemade" taste to it. Something just wasn't rich in that part. I would make the crust again to use with a different filling.
Sounds yummy! I love Reese's candy anway it comes, pralines & carmel are my favorite, also! Sometime I'll follow original
recipe & sometimes dalamy's recipe. Not sure if my husband will eat this. Doesn't like his chocolate & peanut butter mixed but the girls at cards will love it!
Gold Canyon, AZ
The Peanut Butter Praline Pie was FABULOUS - and CREAMY - every time I made it! I used a Nutter Butter crust (24 crushed Nutter Butters mixed with 5 Tablespoons melted butter) and a peanut butter graham cracker crust (1/4 cup melted peanut butter, 3 Tablespoons melted butter, 1-1/4 cups crushed graham crackers, 2 Tablespoons sugar). I topped the pie with a ganache sauce (8 ounces of chopped Hershey's Symphony bar with Almonds and Toffee Chips melted in 3/4 cream) - just beacuse I love the peanut butter and chocolate combination! Betcha couldn't guess that my favorite candy bar is the Reese's Peanut Butter Easter Egg!