The peanut butter flavor comes through nicely in this pie, and it has a creamy consistency. My whole family loves it.
- 1-1/2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 45 wafers)
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- PRALINE LAYER:
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 package (10 or 11 ounces) peanut butter chips
- 1 cup whipped topping
- Pecan halves and additional whipped topping
- In a large bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, cocoa and confectioners' sugar; stir in butter. Press into a 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugars and cornstarch. Add butter and water. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in pecans. Pour into crust; refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine pudding mix and milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from the heat. Stir in peanut butter chips until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Fold in whipped topping; spoon over praline layer. Refrigerate until set. Garnish with pecans and additional whipped topping. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Praline Pie in Country Extra September 2004, p51
Reviews for Peanut Butter Praline Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review