This sweet, crunchy mix from LaVonne Smith in Kennebec, South Dakota makes a great family snack to munch while watching Christmas movies or trimming the tree.
- 12 cups popped popcorn
- 4 cups miniature pretzels
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups chocolate-covered peanuts
- In a large bowl, combine popcorn and pretzels; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, honey and corn syrup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in peanut butter and vanilla. Pour over popcorn mixture and toss to coat. Pour into two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans.
- Bake, uncovered, at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes. Break into clusters; place in a large bowl. Add chocolate-covered peanuts; mix well. Cool completely. Yield: about 4 quarts.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Popcorn Crunch in Simple & Delicious November/December 2007, p16
Reviews for Peanut Butter Popcorn Crunch
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review