Peanut Butter Popcorn Bars
If you're looking for a fun snack for kids, try these chewy popcorn treats that have a mild peanut butter taste. They're easy to stir up and can be pressed into a pan to form bars or shaped into balls. Making them won't set you back much, since they cost a mere 4¢ a bar.
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 10 cups popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place popcorn in a large bowl; set aside. In a saucepan over medium
- heat, bring sugar and corn syrup to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in peanut butter and vanilla; mix well. Pour over popcorn and
- mix until well coated. Press into a buttered 13-in. x 9-in. pan.
- Cool slightly before cutting. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 90 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 74 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.