Peanut Butter Popcorn Balls
"Trick-or-treaters are always happy to receive these tasty popcorn balls," says Betty Claycomb, field editor from Alverton, Pennsylvania. "I love making them as well as eating them!"
10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + standing
- 5 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place popcorn and peanuts in a large bowl; set aside. In a large
- heavy saucepan over medium heat, bring sugar and corn syrup to a
- rolling boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in
- peanut butter and vanilla. Quickly pour over popcorn mixture and mix
- When cool enough to handle, quickly shape into ten 2-1/2-in. balls.
- Let stand at room temperature until firm; wrap in plastic wrap.
- Yield: 10 popcorn balls.