Peanut Butter Popcorn Balls Recipe
Trick-or-treaters are always happy to receive these tasty popcorn balls. I love making them as well as eating them! —Betty Claycomb, Alverton, Pennsylvania
- 5 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 lollipop sticks
- 1. Place popcorn and peanuts in a large bowl; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan over medium heat, bring sugar and corn syrup to a rolling boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in peanut butter and vanilla. Quickly pour over popcorn mixture and mix well.
- 2. When cool enough to handle, quickly shape into ten 2-1/2-in. balls; insert a lollipop stick into each ball. Let stand at room temperature until firm; wrap in plastic wrap. Yield: 10 popcorn balls.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC