Peanut Butter Pinwheels Recipe
These doubly delightful pinwheel cookies are very easy to prepare. They feature the classic combination of peanut butter and chocolate in an attractive swirl.
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a bowl, cream shortening, peanut butter and sugar. Beat in egg and milk. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- 2. Roll out between floured waxed paper into a 12-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Sprinkle chips to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up tightly, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- 3. Unwrap dough and cut into 1/2-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 162 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 105 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC