Peanut Butter Pinecones Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1-3/4 cups sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1. In a small bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Stir in cracker crumbs and ground almonds. Shape rounded tablespoonfuls of dough into a cone shape; chill until easy to handle.
- 2. Insert pointed end of sliced almonds into dough to resemble a pinecone; place on waxed paper-lined pans. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth.
- 3. Insert a toothpick into the bottom of each pinecone. Holding over a bowl, spoon melted chocolate over almonds (if needed, use another toothpick to spread the chocolate to completely cover almonds). Return to waxed paper-lined pan; chill until firm. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 each: 221 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 98mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Peanut Butter Pinecones
"I made these by simply dipping in the chocolate. I did not do the additional step of decorating them with the almonds and they were very good. However, the recipe made almost double the 26 serving listed...guess I made them smaller. Quite tasty; the peanut butter flavor really comes thru"