I absolutely love peanut butter and peanut butter pie is one of my favorites. But I'm a Registered Dietitian, so I knew just how high my original recipe was in fat and calories. I cut down on several critical things, and the resulting pie is great! —Lisa Varner, Charleston, South Carolina
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 1 can (14 ounces) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 2 reduced-fat graham cracker crusts (8 inches)
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 1/4 cup finely chopped unsalted peanuts
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth. Beat in milk and vanilla until blended. Fold in whipped topping. Pour into crusts. Cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Drizzle with syrup and sprinkle with peanuts. Store leftovers in the freezer. Yield: 2 pies (8 servings each).
Originally published as Peanut Butter Pies in Healthy Cooking February/March 2009, p29
Reviews for Peanut Butter Pies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review