Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
This smooth creamy pie with a big peanut butter taste reminds me of Mom. It's sure to be a hit around your house, too. I like to make this dessert in the summer because it's simple to prepare and the kitchen stays cool.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + chilling YIELD:6-8 servings
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cook-and-serve vanilla or chocolate pudding
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Whipped cream
- 1. In a saucepan, cook pudding and milk over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat and cool slightly. Meanwhile, in a bowl, cut peanut butter into confectioners' sugar until small crumbs form. (Peanut butter consistency may vary; add additional confectioners' sugar if necessary.) Set aside about 2 tablespoons of crumbs; sprinkle remaining mixture into pie shell. Pour pudding over crumbs. Chill until set. Top with whipped cream; sprinkle reserved crumbs on top. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 411 calories, 23 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 319 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC