I love the combination of chocolate and peanut butter, but my favorite—peanut butter pie—is tough to eat on the go. I dreamed up these cookies to get my favorite flavor combo in a bite-size package. They can be made ahead and taken to any holiday gathering. —Ashley Moyna, Elkader, Iowa
Recommended: 45 Recipes for Peanut Butter Lovers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg white
- 15 Oreo cookies, finely crushed (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. For filling, in a small bowl, beat the first five ingredients until smooth; set aside.
- For cookies, in a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg white. In another bowl, mix crushed cookies, flour and baking powder; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Shape rounded tablespoons of dough into 1-1/2-in. balls; place 2-in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten slightly to 1/2-in. thickness. Press a deep indentation in center of each with your thumb. Fill each with 1 rounded teaspoon filling.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until filling is almost set. Cool on pan 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Drizzle generously with melted chocolate. If desired, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Pie Cookies in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2017, p166