This smooth creamy pie with a big peanut butter taste reminds me of Mom. It's sure to be a hit around your house, too. I like to make this dessert in the summer because it's simple to prepare and the kitchen stays cool.
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cook-and-serve vanilla or chocolate pudding
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Whipped cream
- In a saucepan, cook pudding and milk over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat and cool slightly. Meanwhile, in a bowl, cut peanut butter into confectioners' sugar until small crumbs form. (Peanut butter consistency may vary; add additional confectioners' sugar if necessary.) Set aside about 2 tablespoons of crumbs; sprinkle remaining mixture into pie shell. Pour pudding over crumbs. Chill until set. Top with whipped cream; sprinkle reserved crumbs on top. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Pie in Taste of Home August/September 1993, p37
Reviews for Peanut Butter Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review