Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cook-and-serve vanilla or chocolate pudding
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Whipped cream
- In a saucepan, cook pudding and milk over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat and cool slightly. Meanwhile, in a bowl, cut peanut butter into confectioners' sugar until small crumbs form. (Peanut butter consistency may vary; add additional confectioners' sugar if necessary.) Set aside about 2 tablespoons of crumbs; sprinkle remaining mixture into pie shell. Pour pudding over crumbs. Chill until set. Top with whipped cream; sprinkle reserved crumbs on top. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Pie(4)
Sort By :
I just love this recipe. It is quick and easy but tastes so good, especially to a peanut butter like me. I will sometimes drizzle chocolate sauce over each slice just before serving. I also have made a banana-PB variation of this pie by substituting banana pudding mix for the vanilla or chocolate and also adding slices from 2 peeled bananas to the bottom of the baked pie shell.
I always chill it at least 4 hours (if not longer) before serving in order to make sure that it is well set and slices nicely.
The crumb filling/topping of this pie is so good!
My husband and I really like this pie. I do not add the peanuts though.
went down well with the boys will make again
Excellent recipe. I've been making this for years and it never fails to please. Everybody loves it! I'd have given it 5 stars but there was no option, no stars on the rating form :-(