- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cook-and-serve vanilla or chocolate pudding
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Whipped cream
- In a saucepan, cook pudding and milk over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat and cool slightly. Meanwhile, in a bowl, cut peanut butter into confectioners' sugar until small crumbs form. (Peanut butter consistency may vary; add additional confectioners' sugar if necessary.) Set aside about 2 tablespoons of crumbs; sprinkle remaining mixture into pie shell. Pour pudding over crumbs. Chill until set. Top with whipped cream; sprinkle reserved crumbs on top. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Pie
Sort By :
"The directions don't go along with the ingredients or the reviews: It calls for a pastry shell but refers to "crumbs" being set aside for the topping??? Reviewer talk about "peanuts" but that is not consistent with the recipe either. I really like that this is one peanut butter pie recipe that is actually far lower in calories than all others!"
"A five-star pie for sure! I always use the chocolate pudding in this, and sometimes up the chocolate factor even more by using chocolate whipped cream on top instead of regular. It reminds me of a pie our family has enjoyed at a New England truck stop. I just adapted this recipe this week to make a layered dessert in a 13x9 pan rather than a pie, to make more servings. It turned out great! I agree with a previous reviewer -- it should chill at least 4 hours for the best flavor and consistency."
"I just love this recipe. It is quick and easy but tastes so good, especially to a peanut butter like me. I will sometimes drizzle chocolate sauce over each slice just before serving. I also have made a banana-PB variation of this pie by substituting banana pudding mix for the vanilla or chocolate and also adding slices from 2 peeled bananas to the bottom of the baked pie shell.I always chill it at least 4 hours (if not longer) before serving in order to make sure that it is well set and slices nicely.The crumb filling/topping of this pie is so good!"
"My husband and I really like this pie. I do not add the peanuts though."
"went down well with the boys will make again"