Peanut Butter Parfaits Recipe
NOW THAT our nest holds only two of us, I've had to develop many dishes for two. My husband and I love this dessert, and it also makes an elegant finish to a meal when company comes. You'll hear lots of "oohs" and "aahs"! Mildred Sherrer Bay City, Texas
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, milk, corn syrup and butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved and mixture is smooth, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in peanut butter until smooth. Cool to room temperature. Spoon half into two parfait glasses; top with ice cream. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with peanuts. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Parfaits in Reminisce Extra February 1996, p47
Reviews for Peanut Butter Parfaits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 19, 2011
This sauce is delicious! Really easy and for a peanut butter fan it hits the mark!
Reviewed May. 12, 2011
I ADJUSTED THE TWO RECIPE THE PEANUT PARFET AND THIS ONE IT WAS A HIT AS LUNCHEON TREAT OKAY?
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Desserts for Two >
- Desserts Recipes For Two >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- Ice Cream Topping Recipes >
- Ice Cream Toppings >
- Nut Recipes >
- Parfaits >