NOW THAT our nest holds only two of us, I've had to develop many dishes for two. My husband and I love this dessert, and it also makes an elegant finish to a meal when company comes. You'll hear lots of "oohs" and "aahs"! —Mildred Sherrer Bay City, Texas
Recommended: 37 Easy Breakfast Ideas with 5 Ingredients or Less
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, milk, corn syrup and butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved and mixture is smooth, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in peanut butter until smooth. Cool to room temperature. Spoon half into two parfait glasses; top with ice cream. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with peanuts. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Parfaits in Reminisce Extra February 1996, p47
Reviews for Peanut Butter Parfaits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 19, 2011
"This sauce is delicious! Really easy and for a peanut butter fan it hits the mark!"
Reviewed May. 12, 2011
"I ADJUSTED THE TWO RECIPE THE PEANUT PARFET AND THIS ONE IT WAS A HIT AS LUNCHEON TREAT OKAY?"