Peanut Butter Parfaits
NOW THAT our nest holds only two of us, I've had to develop many dishes for two.
My husband and I love this dessert, and it also makes an elegant finish to a meal when company comes. You'll hear lots of "oohs" and "aahs"!
Bay City, Texas
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, milk, corn syrup
- and butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved
- and mixture is smooth, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in peanut butter until smooth. Cool to
- room temperature. Spoon half into two parfait glasses; top with ice
- cream. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with peanuts. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 514 calories, 22 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 172 mg sodium, 77 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.