Peanut Butter Pancakes
"Pancakes are one of my husband's specialties," says Dorothy Pritchett of Wills Point, Texas. "So it's not unusual for him to wake me with those hot-from-the griddle cakes that get their delicious difference from peanut butter.
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup water
- HONEY BUTTER:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- In a large bowl, combine pancake mix and sugar. In a small bowl, beat
- egg and peanut butter; add milk and water. Stir into dry ingredients
- just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased medium-hot griddle.
- Turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes; cook until second side is
- golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
- Yield: 10 pancakes.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 595 calories, 35 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 127 mg cholesterol, 843 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 16 g protein.