Peanut Butter Owl Cookies Recipe
'Who' wouldn't love these adorable cookies? Using a roll-out refrigerated cookie dough, chocolate-chip eyes and a candy-corn nose, they're a cinch to assemble. If you don't have chocolate chips on hand, use M&M's instead for a kid-friendly fall treat. -Test Kitchen
- 1 tube (18 ounces) refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 18 yellow candy coating disks
- 18 semisweet chocolate chips
- 9 pieces candy corn
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cookie dough and flour until combined. Set aside 4-1/2 teaspoons of dough for the ears. Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls into nine mounds 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Coat the bottom of a glass with cooking spray; flatten dough with glass to about 1/8-in. thickness.
- 2. Position two candy coating disks on each cookie for eyes. Place a chocolate chip on each disk. Use 1/4 teaspoon of reserved dough to shape each ear; position on top of head.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately position a piece of candy corn on each cookie for beak. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 9 cookies.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Owl Cookies
Reviewed Nov. 4, 2012
"I would recommend only using one quarter cup of flour because it tends to dry out with the half cup :-) super cute cookies!!"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC