- 1 tube (18 ounces) refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 18 yellow candy coating disks
- 18 semisweet chocolate chips
- 9 pieces candy corn
- In a large bowl, beat cookie dough and flour until combined. Set aside 4-1/2 teaspoons of dough for the ears. Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls into nine mounds 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Coat the bottom of a glass with cooking spray; flatten dough with glass to about 1/8-in. thickness.
- Position two candy coating disks on each cookie for eyes. Place a chocolate chip on each disk. Use 1/4 teaspoon of reserved dough to shape each ear; position on top of head.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately position a piece of candy corn on each cookie for beak. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 9 cookies.
Originally published as Owl Cookies in Quick Cooking September/October 2005, p37
Reviews for Peanut Butter Owl Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 4, 2012
"I would recommend only using one quarter cup of flour because it tends to dry out with the half cup :-) super cute cookies!!"