- 1 jar (12 ounces) peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon corn syrup
- 4-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- In a large bowl, cream the peanut butter, butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in baking soda, vanilla and corn syrup. Stir in the oats, chips and toffee bits.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 6-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies(6)
Sort By :
Would adding a bit of liquid to the cookie dough have taken care of their being so dry and not sticking together? A tablespoon or two of milk or water. My husband and I love a good cookie and I always read the reviews before I print one out. Definitely will try this one.
The only thing I changed, was I only had crunchy peanut butter. It was a wonderful cookie. Try it !!
I READ THE REVIEWS ON THESE COOKIES AND WHEN I MADE THEM I ONLY USED 3 CUPS OF OATMEAL. THAT WAS PLENTY AND THEY TURNED OUT BEAUTIFULLY. I CAN SEE WHY 4.5 CUPS OF OATMEAL WOULD MAKE THEM DRY. DONALEE2
I've made this recipe over and over again. My son LOVES these cookies. He's in a "healthy eating" phase, so I omit any of the chips, and use all-natural, organic peanut butter.
These cookies are great! Made them larger then suggested and cooked them longer as well. Cookies are similar to Monster cookies and because of the butter/pb the chips don't stick well but can be managed if you squish the dough when putting on the cookie sheet. Did not find them dry at all! Use good peanut butter and not the cheap stuff.
More Recipe Collections
- Chocolate Chip Cookies >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- July 4th Desserts >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Desserts >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Desserts >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Oatmeal Cookies >