Peanut Butter Oat Rounds
Ann Pretty of St. Albert, Alberta is glad to share her family recipe. "These irresistible peanut butter cookies are wonderful with a glass of milk," she notes.
39 ServingsPrep:/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, cream shortening, peanut butter and sugars. Add eggs, one
- at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour,
- oats, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 3 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Flatten with a fork. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until
- bottoms are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield:
- about 6-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 160 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 115 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.