Peanut Butter Oat Muffins
"While teaching a home economics class, I asked students to personalize a basic muffin recipe," says Elaine Searer,McVeytown, Pennsylvania. "Two students created these peanut-packed snacks. The entire class agreed that the recipe was a winner."
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- Whipped topping and additional peanuts, optional
- In a bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt
- and cinnamon. In another bowl, beat the egg, peanut butter and milk
- until smooth. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold
- in peanuts
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at
- 375° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve
- with whipped topping and peanuts if desired. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 204 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 247 mg sodium,