Peanut Butter Oat Muffins Recipe
"While teaching a home economics class, I asked students to personalize a basic muffin recipe," says Elaine Searer,McVeytown, Pennsylvania. "Two students created these peanut-packed snacks. The entire class agreed that the recipe was a winner."
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- Whipped topping and additional peanuts, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. In another bowl, beat the egg, peanut butter and milk until smooth. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in peanuts
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve with whipped topping and peanuts if desired. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 204 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 247 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC