Peanut Butter Oat Muffins Recipe
"While teaching a home economics class, I asked students to personalize a basic muffin recipe," says Elaine Searer,McVeytown, Pennsylvania. "Two students created these peanut-packed snacks. The entire class agreed that the recipe was a winner."
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- Whipped topping and additional peanuts, optional
- In a bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. In another bowl, beat the egg, peanut butter and milk until smooth. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in peanuts
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve with whipped topping and peanuts if desired. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Oat Muffins in Quick Cooking May/June 2004, p48
Reviews for Peanut Butter Oat Muffins(3)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 6, 2013
Oh so yummy! Whole wheat flour works great.
Reviewed Jul. 30, 2011
Bland in flavor... overall not very good. I will not be making these again.
Reviewed Mar. 21, 2010
Kind of light on flavor. Sticks to muffin papers. Good with jelly.