You won't believe how easy it is to whip up these soft chewy treats. "Our kids just adore these cookies and ask for them often," says Patty Faussett of Tucson, Arizona.
Recommended: 30 Desserts Ready in 30 Minutes
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup wheat bran
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the remaining ingredients; stir into creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 3 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Oat Cookies in Quick Cooking January/February 2004, p22
Reviews for Peanut Butter Oat Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review