Peanut Butter Oat Bars Recipe
With their yummy chocolate and butterscotch topping, these chewy bars are sure to satisfy any sweet tooth! Since the recipe makes a big batch, the treats are perfect for potlucks and bakes sales.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:48 servings
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1. In a bowl, combine the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and vanilla; gradually add the oats. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 12-14 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, for topping, melt chips and peanut butter in a microwave or saucepan. Stir until blended; spread over warm bars. Cool completely; refrigerate for 2-3 hours before cutting. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 120 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 49 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC