Peanut Butter Muffin
Kids of all ages will love these delicious peanutty treats from Ann Janis of Tucson, Arizona. Topped with your favorite jelly, the pretty muffins are sure to bring back sweet childhood memories.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons cold butter, divided
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Jelly, optional
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in
- peanut butter and 2 tablespoons butter until the mixture resembles
- coarse crumbs. Beat the eggs and milk; stir into the dry ingredients
- just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups
- two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400° for 15-17 minutes or until muffins test done. Melt
- remaining butter; brush over the tops of muffins. Sprinkle with
- cinnamon-sugar. Cool for 10 minutes; remove to a wire rack. Serve
- with jelly if desired. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 221 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 298 mg sodium,