These bite-size muffins are perfect to send in our kids' lunches for snacktime. I make regular-size muffins for church functions and watch them disappear. —Connie Barz, San Antonio, Texas
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk, peanut butter, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined miniature muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Mini Muffins in Best of Country Breads 2000, p21
Reviews for Peanut Butter Mini Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review