I bake these crispy yet chewy peanut butter cookies often. My grandchildren, both near and far, can't wait to dig into the cookie jar. —Lois Bowman, Swanton, Maryland
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 ounces) peanut butter chips
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in syrup and vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture. Stir in peanut butter chips.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Maple Cookies in Quick Cooking January/February 2001, p36
Reviews for Peanut Butter Maple Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review