- 1-1/2 cups peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup M&M's miniature baking bits
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream peanut butter, butter and sugars until blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk oats and baking soda; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and baking bits.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 12-14 minutes or until edges are browned. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 9 dozen.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Jumbos
Sort By :
"Very Good. I only had 2cups of oats so added 1 cup of flour. Also used 1/2 cup regular sized chocolate chips."
"These are THE BEST!"
"Great cookie! Versatile - could use raisins, peanut butter chips, chopped peanuts - for a different cookie each time. Love oatmeal cookies!"
"I make these quite a bit to send to my daughter in college and for my son to take to school for break to hold him over til lunch. I follow the recipe, except reduce the sugar to 1/2 cup, use Old Fashioned Oats, and occasionally substitute applesauce for the butter. They are soft, delicious, and fairly healthy for a cookie! Yummm!"